Paradise Cruisers Forum
January 18, 2018, 05:59:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: The "Calendar" and "Events" board have been updated with the latest schedule of Cruise Nights by East End Hot Rods!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COPO Camaro?  (Read 3023 times)
sbc4me
Fanatical Cruiser

« on: October 31, 2011, 10:58:27 PM »

Not heard of since 1969.

In 1984, I was in Las Vegas and came across a killer deal on a COPO '69... I didn't act on it till I came back from vacation, and the car sold a day before... banghead

drool

Second Chance?

Turn-key drag racer available thru GM Performance-Parts? Shocked

Check it out @ 0:58

GKR
Global Moderator
Fanatical Cruiser

www.HawaiianHotRod.com

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 08:22:41 AM »

327 cid with Whipple SuperCharger !  worship

Hmmmm, is that a Ford 9" under there ?  Undecided

WWW.HAWAIIANHOTROD.COM

Hawaiian Hot Rod and Metal Works
sbc4me
Fanatical Cruiser

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UJkb1wePuw&feature=channel_video_title look Video 3gears

GKR
Global Moderator
Fanatical Cruiser

www.HawaiianHotRod.com

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »

Watched that cool video twice, the top "brass" reps say it performed within their expectations... but they don't say what it clocked ?!?!  shrug   Undecided

WWW.HAWAIIANHOTROD.COM

sbc4me
Fanatical Cruiser

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 10:46:21 AM »

Watched that cool video twice, the top "brass" reps say it performed within their expectations... but they don't say what it clocked ?!?!  shrug   Undecided

Quote from: comments
It ran 9.90 off the trailer with the 5.3L supercharged motor and a 9.69 with the 7.0L naturally aspirated motor.

^^^ I'm not sure how he obtained that info or how accurate it is...

I wonder what the MSRP is gonna be for a showroom floor 9second car?!?!

GKR
Global Moderator
Fanatical Cruiser

www.HawaiianHotRod.com

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 10:57:32 AM »

WOW !!! If thats true - VERY Impressive !  peace

I wonder if it'll be equipped with (what looks like) the 9-inch rear, QuarterStick shifter and really high stall converter.  Roll Eyes

Hahaha !  laugh

WWW.HAWAIIANHOTROD.COM

sbc4me
Fanatical Cruiser

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 11:46:28 AM »

http://wot.motortrend.com/video-find-chevrolet-tests-copo-camaro-with-burnouts-quarter-mile-runs-147269.html#ixzz1gpZ62xXT look

The Chevrolet COPO Camaro has just one mission: accelerate down a drag strip as quickly as possible. It was only logical, then, that Chevrolet Performance engineers put the new Camaro through its paces by performing burnouts and quarter-mile passes at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Florida. Fortunately for us, the group filmed their noisy and burnout-filled exploits.

The COPO Camaro concept is special version of Chevrolet’s muscle car designed for NHRA drag racing. Engineers tested the quarter-mile monster both with its 7.0-liter LS7 V-8 engine and the supercharged 5.3-liter V-8. Either mill can be mated to a choice of three transmissions: a two-speed Powerglide, a three-speed automatic, or a traditional five-speed manual.

While the group was apparently satisfied with the COPO Camaro’s performance, they stopped short of revealing the car’s quarter-mile times. “To run some of the numbers we’ve seen today with flawless execution is really exciting,” said Chevrolet Performance Parts marketing manager Cliff Cohen.

Other upgrades included in the COPO Camaro are a full roll cage, adjustable front suspension and NHRA-conforming rear suspension, a beefy solid rear axle, lightweight racing wheels, and special slick tires. The interior has been stripped off all creature comforts, leaving just two bucket seats, Chevrolet Performance gauges, and a line-lock button to facilitate those dramatic, rubber-sublimating burnouts.

I have a hole in my head
Fanatical Cruiser

Gifts with strings are no longer gifts

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »

I wonder if it'll be equipped with (what looks like) the 9-inch rear, QuarterStick shifter and really high stall converter.  Roll Eyes

Hahaha !  laugh

All that money crazy larry put into his and he could have bought this one for less!

sbc4me
Fanatical Cruiser

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 12:36:11 PM »

Hahaha !  laugh

All that money crazy larry put into his and he could have bought this one for less!

Did you find an MSRP for the COPO? ... ( I'm afraid to look because I may sell a child or an organ for it... Cheesy )

I have a hole in my head
Fanatical Cruiser

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 04:48:48 PM »

Hahaha !  laugh

Did you find an MSRP for the COPO? ... ( I'm afraid to look because I may sell a child or an organ for it... Cheesy )

Its still a prototype:

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/Extras/sema2011/2012-copo-camaro-concept.jsp

sbc4me
Fanatical Cruiser

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »

Now available for purchase! look

$89,000.00 Shocked

I have a hole in my head
Fanatical Cruiser

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »

.. and available with all 3 option engines with the same serial number as the car?... yikes... "collectors edition" = $$$,$$$

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: