Paradise Cruisers Forum
October 20, 2017, 03:25:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: The "Calendar" and "Events" board have been updated with the latest schedule of Cruise Nights by East End Hot Rods!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention New Members and Guests! FORUM INFO!! IMPORTANT!  (Read 8792 times)
Chad89GT
Administrator
Fanatical Cruiser

9-sec jigsaw puzzle!

« on: July 21, 2012, 08:49:23 AM »

Attention New Members Waiting for Activation: Welcome to PCHIH!  Thank you for wanting to join in on the fun!  

The registration process has been improved.  Please scroll down to the posts below  look

If you're wondering why you have to wait for activation please read below for a little history:

A while back our little site became the target for a massive SPAM attack.  Why?  No idea, it's such a small forum I don't know why it's worth their time to even bother.  But anyway... we had to take drastic steps to prevent pictures of 12" male body parts from being posted all over the place.  It was making Dave jealous!   haha  We implemented a manual process where all new members are screened through www.stopforumspam.com prior to final approval.  

Little did we know we'd be getting up to 50 new registrations a day!  99.9% of them are SPAMers.  With this site being run 100% by volunteers we can't always keep up with the backlog of approvals.  It can take weeks for us to wade through them all.  Sometimes in our haste we accidentally remove a legitimate member and for that we sincerely apologize!! sorry  

One thing all new members can do to speed up their approval process is reply to the email notice they get from the forum.  In that reply state that you're a real person and maybe something about yourself, how you found us or who you know.  This will GREATLY reduce the wait time and ensure you aren't accidentally deleted.

Thanks for joining our little piece of cyber space and for your patience.  For that we give you the PCHIH seal of approval!  sweat
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 08:16:54 PM by Chad89GT » Logged

306 with a few bolt ons... honest...
Quote from: Shaff90GT
The chinese set fire crackers for everything.  "Hey man, I have to go take a shit!" POW POW POW
Quote from: Hawaiian Turbo
I have a rotating ass. if anyone is interested
Chad89GT
Administrator
Fanatical Cruiser

9-sec jigsaw puzzle!

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 05:52:34 PM »

Attention guests browsing the forum:

We recently implemented a "privitization" of our projects section to protect out membership from unknown eyes.  Da Projects is open to all active members regardless of post count.  If you're a non-member and would like to follow along on you favorite projects we ask that you take a moment to register.  Mahalo!

PCHIH Forum Team

The chinese set fire crackers for everything.  "Hey man, I have to go take a shit!" POW POW POW
Chad89GT
Administrator
Fanatical Cruiser

9-sec jigsaw puzzle!

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 01:43:56 PM »

UPDATED REGISTRATION PROCESS!

We've just implemented an automatic "spammer" filter for new member registrations.  This should catch most bogus members before they're allowed to register and cut down on the manual screening we've been having to do.  This is great news because it will allow new members to become activated much more quickly and easily.  That's the good news...

...and the bad news:

During testing I accidentally deleted all pending memberships that are over 14-days old.  That's 12,000+.  banghead  Most were bogus but no doubt there were some good folks in there and I messed up. sorry

If you tried to register more than 14 days ago and haven't heard back PLEASE try again.  This new registration process should make it much quicker and easier.  thumbsup

Thanks for bearing with us as we refresh PCHIH with added features and benefits!   sweat
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:09:09 AM by Chad89GT » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: