Paradise Cruisers Forum
December 15, 2017, 01:35:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: Attention Guests and Members Waiting for Activation...
Please take a moment to read THIS POST with important site information.  Mahalo!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Suzy-Q" Rides Again  (Read 15876 times)
GeckoSS
Founder, Paradise Cruisers
Fanatical Cruiser

Eat'm-up Stuff's Li'dat 767 GeckoSS

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 11:05:14 PM »

Thanks for sharing sweet vid!!

Speedy
100 Posts, baby!

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 02:51:42 PM »

This video was shot at the last KRP Sand Drag race held on Sept 15, 2013.  Check out this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLilVsO2NMA

This may be the last video of "Suzy-Q" in action.  She is presently on CL for sale.  Everything is being sold as a package Camaro, engine, trailer and tow car, plus extra parts.  Please check out this link.  http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/4091377560.html

Sadly it's time to let her go.  She really needs to be racing on a ¼ mile drag strip, which unfortunately we don’t have here on Oahu.  Sniff, sniff, sob, sob…..sorry but I am getting a little emotional.  Cry  I am hoping that one of our fellow racers on Kauai, Maui, or the Big Island would give her a new home where she can have fun again.

Thanks everybody for watching…hope you guys enjoy it.
DTA Racing
Ball Boy
Constant Cruiser

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 11:41:47 AM »

GLWS Speedy,
It's been very sad to hear of racers and their cars ending the racing journey on Oahu after the death of HRP.  I also get very emotional when discussing this topic ... sniff, sniff, sob, sob, grr ...   Cry

Thanks for keeping the faith and the passion for the sport of drag racing, like I tell others "It's in the blood and if I need to explain, then you wouldn't understand".  Looking back, I still recall in my senile head the days prior to your car transforming into full-race mode and the two white IROC Z's parked near each other in the "top pit" area, the other car being Jason's "Second Childhood".

Unfortunalely, reality is also setting in for some of us remaining optimists ... sniff, sniff, sob, sob, grr.   Cry

Much mahalo to the Speedy Ohana for the great memories!

Two Scoops No Shame, Side Salad and Gravy All 'Ova!!!      CHEE HOOO!!!!
Speedy
100 Posts, baby!

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 11:56:01 AM »

Looking back, I still recall in my senile head the days prior to your car transforming into full-race mode and the two white IROC Z's parked near each other in the "top pit" area, the other car being Jason's "Second Childhood".

Here's some photos of the guys that used to pit at the "top pit" area.  Great bunch of guys.  Good people, good racers, good friends....oh such great memories.

* Jason Seto.jpg (168.29 KB, 600x398 - viewed 336 times.)

* Al Kalani Jr.jpg (166.36 KB, 600x398 - viewed 356 times.)

* Frank Higa.jpg (145.86 KB, 600x398 - viewed 310 times.)

* Miles Uyeda.jpg (139.59 KB, 600x398 - viewed 329 times.)
Speedy
100 Posts, baby!

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 11:58:01 AM »

Here's more photos.

* Joe Corriea.jpg (133.38 KB, 600x398 - viewed 313 times.)

* Ralph Kawagoe.jpg (151.14 KB, 600x398 - viewed 313 times.)

* Nathan Hirayasu.jpg (146.28 KB, 600x398 - viewed 304 times.)
I have a hole in my head
Fanatical Cruiser

Gifts with strings are no longer gifts

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 11:23:06 PM »

GLWS Speedy,
It's been very sad to hear of racers and their cars ending the racing journey on Oahu after the death of HRP.  I also get very emotional when discussing this topic ... sniff, sniff, sob, sob, grr ...   Cry

Thanks for keeping the faith and the passion for the sport of drag racing, like I tell others "It's in the blood and if I need to explain, then you wouldn't understand".  Looking back, I still recall in my senile head the days prior to your car transforming into full-race mode and the two white IROC Z's parked near each other in the "top pit" area, the other car being Jason's "Second Childhood".

Unfortunalely, reality is also setting in for some of us remaining optimists ... sniff, sniff, sob, sob, grr.   Cry

So true...

Someone asked me if they could borrow my trailer... sorry, gone.... enclosed? sorry gone...

WTF? I told him the truth.. no race track, no need.. sad but very true. It's easier for me to pay a tow truck to haul my shit from place to place than to maintain and keep registered a trailer and something to tow it with.

Speedy
100 Posts, baby!

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 05:15:33 PM »

This will be the final video installment of "Suzy-Q Rides Again" because she was sold in November 2013 to Cal Tani on Kauai.  Footage of this video was taken on the 4th of July weekend at the 5th Annual Rudy Ramos grand re-opening of Kauai Raceway Park. 

My wife and I went to help Cal get familiarized with the car and helped out with a few adjustments.  She was able to really hook-up and carry the front wheels on the launch.  60 foots were in the 1.30s.  ETs were throttled down since she is competing in the 10.90 index class.  It was so good to see her run again on a 1/4 mile asphalt track.  I really missed the smell of tire smoke and racing gas. 
Hope you guys enjoy the video. 

Please check out this link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0gOZFM4-Zw
Bigisle87
Mr. f***ing sunshine
Constant Cruiser

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 05:38:18 PM »

nice to see the car back on a quarter mile track.. if i may make a suggestion to the (new) owner?  get some work on the steering column done, maybe an extra support or two. it looks very flimsy on the in-car footage. thats the LAST thing you want to have a failure with at speed.

twocents
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: