Paradise Cruisers Forum
September 25, 2017, 12:15:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News: The "Calendar" and "Events" board have been updated with the latest schedule of Cruise Nights by East End Hot Rods!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good will gesture  (Read 8856 times)
NightMare
The Gimp
Dedicated Cruiser

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 10:56:52 AM »

Scott, I could do some.  How do I get them to you.?  Do they need any special addresses or anything.?  Char

62S
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 02:13:11 PM »

Scott, I could do some. How do I get them to you.? Do they need any special addresses or anything.? Char

Char, just make up a note, no special address needed... I will give them to the highest ranking person on the flight and he/she can give them to the men/women in his/her unit to read and respond if necessary... I will be leaving HNL the night of the 25th. I can meet you at lobby 8 sign at the airport. Drive by and drop them off and I'll take it from there... Anything, would be nice for some solider to read... I don't expect to have one for every solider. But, they can pass it around and everyone may have a chance to read it...
NightMare
The Gimp
Dedicated Cruiser

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 08:24:25 PM »

Scott; what time should I be there.?

62S
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 08:29:51 PM »

Scott; what time should I be there.?

How about 8'ish... I hope Tommy can meet us at that time too... I know its last minute. But, I hope to get many cards and letters... If not, then thats OK too... I know many people do not agree with this deployment and stuff. But, I figure a little note or something like that would kinda make their day... And since I will be flying them there. I could hand deliver it...
62S
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 08:31:23 PM »

I will try to take as many pix's as I can while on the flight... I will post them up later after I get back...
roadwarriorsvt
Mr. Tinkles
Fanatical Cruiser

I'll Be Your Huckleberry

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 04:43:11 PM »

Here is your last chance to show some appreciation for our troops going overseas for US. Alot of you guys talk about how you appreciate our millitary,...well here is your opportunity to show some of them.

To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed there hasn't been a better show of support for our men & women in uniform. How long does it take to write a letter or just a note saying you appreciate them.I'm willing to pick up your letters from the Leeward side and drop them off tomorrow night(Tue.) at the airport.

Home Of The Hawaii Hotrauder! 

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln
SOM9D6SS
Events Coordinator
Administrator
Fanatical Cruiser

Two Tons O' Fun!

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 06:59:07 PM »

Tommy, sorry for not posting.  Pick up mine before you head down, please.  Glad to give a direct thank you to one of out men/women in uniform.

1996 Sunset Orange Metallic Impala SS - 249hp & 296tq - 14.78 @ 90.12 mph - 4440lbs w/ driver

Ex-Autocrosser - Ex-Drag Racer - Ex-Road Racer
Still a Daily Driver
roadwarriorsvt
Mr. Tinkles
Fanatical Cruiser

I'll Be Your Huckleberry

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 07:48:19 PM »

Rick,
If you have time to type up something tonight, just give me a buzz as I'm working tonight, otherwise I can grab it tomorrow.

Home Of The Hawaii Hotrauder! 

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln
SOM9D6SS
Events Coordinator
Administrator
Fanatical Cruiser

Two Tons O' Fun!

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 07:50:35 PM »

Shoots. stop by tonight...  I'm gonna put Saraya to bed in a sec, but should have something done by 9ish...

1996 Sunset Orange Metallic Impala SS - 249hp & 296tq - 14.78 @ 90.12 mph - 4440lbs w/ driver

Still a Daily Driver
NightMare
The Gimp
Dedicated Cruiser

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 09:47:58 AM »

Tommy; thanks for taking mine.

SOM9D6SS
Events Coordinator
Administrator
Fanatical Cruiser

Two Tons O' Fun!

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 10:27:10 AM »

Got mine here at work with me, Bro.  Lemme know when/if you can drop by and pick it up.  I should be home after 3pm if that's easier for you.

Still a Daily Driver
62S
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 10:33:25 AM »

Thanks in advance you guys and gals... I am sure they would appreciate it... Trying to get my game face on for this trip... Like the last one I took (to the front so to speak) it will be hard... Some of them a few years older than my son... But, I will do my best to make their flight one of the best they ever had...

Did I mention that I am also qualified to fly in a flying hospital Huh You know a airplane that has gurneys and stuff for wounded service personnel... I wont go into details... But I think you get the picture...
62S
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 02:31:53 AM »

OK, gang the letters were hand delivered to Captain Arnold Camacho of the US Army. He read them and passed them around to other service personell in his unit. He told me that he was really touched by them... After a 9 1/2 hr flight from Tacoma to Hahn, Germany we finally arrived at 10:45 AM local time. The flight was pretty quite and uneventful as most of these flights are... I took as many pictures as I could. I will posted them up after I get back... There was one girl from Molokai, and three others from Samoa... The rest were from the States... Captain Camacho is from the Philippines... He promised to check out our forum from Kuwait and when he returns to the States...
Anyway, just a little update from Germany... I am off to get some dinner and some much needed sleep...
62S
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 02:34:28 AM »

Thanks to all who wrote letters!!!
62S
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 03:41:37 AM »

And to Tommy for delivering them to the airport to me... props to you all !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: